Design Action Collective is currently seeking applicants for a Web Developer.
Want to use your skills as a Web Developer to serve movements for social justice? Come join a unique team of designers & developers — who are also activists, organizers, cultural workers, artists and musicians — and become a part of our fast paced, mission driven shop. Sharing in the ownership of our cooperative business is both exciting and rewarding.
We are an 13 person worker-owned design and communications studio. Our shop was founded in 2002 and is located in downtown Oakland, California. We are committed to providing high-quality visual communications tools to progressive, non-profit, and grassroots activist organizations. We are majority women and people of color owned.
- Interest and involvement in progressive social change work and/or worker-owned cooperatives
Interest and/or experience with business ownership (all our hires are put on a path of collective ownership of our business)
- Agreement with our Points of Unity
- Proficient in cross-platform and browser-compatible HTML/CSS/SASS
- Experience with translating design mockups into code templates
- Experience with and/or understanding of open-source content management systems (e.g. WordPress, Joomla, Drupal); the majority of our websites are built in WordPress
- Proficient in industry standard software (Adobe CS, Sketch)
- Portfolio containing code samples and project examples
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
Attention to detail & appreciation for design
- Sense of humor (very important)
- Basic experience with web design and information architecture
- Experience with project management
- Experience with office or small business management
- Experience with UX design, user testing design and/or quality assurance
- Experience with collective decision-making
We are a Mac-based shop. Closed union shop (CWA typographical sector, AFL/CIO). Starting immediately.
This position is full time (37.5 hrs/week). The pay is 23/hr + full benefits. There is a 9 month collective candidacy track to be considered for collective ownership. All collective owners are eligible for company patronage.
WOMEN, GENDER NON-CONFORMING PEOPLE, AND PEOPLE OF COLOR STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
E-mail letters of interest, resumes and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. We will read e-mails carefully, and respond to any questions you have.
* Pay rates are not negotiable.