Website Three Stone Hearth
Three Stone Hearth has a part-time role in our Fermentation and Preservation circle. Please note the specific days for this job are Thursdays and Sundays.
The Fermentation and Preservation Circle at Three Stone Hearth prepares a wide variety of items for sale online and in store including kombucha, granola, cultured dairy products and lacto-fermented vegetables. We are looking to fill two full day regular shifts on Thursday and Sunday.
· Making and jarring sauerkraut
· Making granola, prepping ingredients for ferments
· Brew, harvest, flavor and bottle probiotic beverages.
· Maintain ingredient inventory for beverage making.
· Follow all current beverage manufacturing procedures.
· Develop and test new beverage products as requested.
· Bottle washing
Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
· At least 6 months experience working in a commercial kitchen or equivalent, preferred.
· Personal interest in or experience in fermented beverage making preferred, but not required.
· Food Handler’s Certification upon hire.
· Familiarity with principles of food sustainability, including principles of Weston A. Price Foundation.
· Highly self-motivated and organized; capacity to multi-task, set priorities, and respond quickly to changing needs.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Commitment to cleanliness and hygiene
· Ability to safely use industrial kitchen equipment.
· Strong attention to detail.
Required Personal Attributes
· Enthusiasm for Three Stone Hearth’s values, including sustainability, community, and health.
· Capacity to thrive in a cooperative organization with shared leadership structure.
· Team player, with good relationship-building skills; this position will need to foster and maintain good working relationships with people from diverse backgrounds.
· Excellent manual dexterity.
· Ability to work safely with hot liquids.
· Ability to taste and smell subtleties in fermented foods and beverages.
· Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
· Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
· Regular work hours are expected to be scheduled during hours of operation.
Hourly rate: $15/hour.