Website Greater Dayton Union Co-Op Initiative
Cooperative Development Associate
The Greater Dayton Union Co-Op Initiative (GDUCI) has partnered with the Ohio CDC Association and the Corporation for National & Community Service to recruit a one-year full-time VISTA member!
GDUCI promotes community and worker ownership of the businesses that help us thrive. Community ownership ensures that businesses are responsive to our needs; and worker ownership ensures that the jobs offer living wages with opportunities for workers to build wealth through the business. GDUCI’s main project is the Gem City Market, a community- and worker-owned grocery co-op in a section of Dayton that is a “food desert”. The VISTA will help GDUCI to build our internal capacity for the Gem City Market as well as cooperative projects in other local industries.
- Develop Partnerships: Inform other organizations in the region about GDUCI and the cooperative model. Many know about the Gem City Market, but few know about other ways that the cooperative model can benefit our community.
- Support Grant Applications: Gain grant research and writing skills in collaboration with GDUCI staff.
- Improve Office Systems: Learn about non-profit policies and procedures and make recommendations for improvements.
- Track Supporters and Volunteers: Research Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technologies and set up the CRM for GDUCI and the Gem City Market. Within the CRM, create tools for GDUCI to track participation in our campaigns.
- Participate in Meetings and Events: For GDUCI and Gem City Market.
Benefits of Service:
- Modest monthly living allowance
- End-of-service education award ($5,800) or cash stipend ($1,500)
- Forbearance on qualified loans
- Healthcare support
- Childcare support
- Professional development opportunities, including training and networking
- Valuable professional experience
- Opportunity to impact the Dayton region
For more information or to apply, contact Rachel Meketon at [email protected]