Work for Fair Trade: Be an Equal Exchange Barista!
Equal Exchange Espresso is opening a second café in the Seattle area. Our objectives are to promote Equal Exchange’s mission to support small-scale farmers by providing high-quality food & beverages and creating an inclusive and welcoming space for customers and staff. If you love coffee, community and customer service, please consider joining our team!
We are currently hiring for:
- 2-3 shifts in our Shoreline cafe, to start immediately
- all shifts in our Ballard cafe, to start in late October
- Employment status: Part-time, hourly
- Compensation: $12/hour plus tips
- Reports to: Café Manager
- Hours: 10-30 hours/week, including weekends and holidays
- Locations: multiple Seattle-area cafés
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to communicate well with customers & co-workers
- Able to create an inclusive and welcoming space for customers and co-workers
- Able to effectively problem solve with customers and co-workers
- Previous retail food service experience
- Previous cash handling experience
- Previous espresso experience preferred
- Able to stand for 6-8 hours (with breaks)
- Able to lift 40 pounds overhead
- Passionate about Equal Exchange’s mission
- Reliability and punctuality a must!
- Make customers feel valued in a community environment
- Efficiently prepare consistently high-quality espresso and coffee drinks
- Prepare and serve a variety of food items
- Maintain equipment and facilities through hourly, daily, and weekly cleaning tasks
- Receive and unload orders
- Stock ingredients and supplies
- Accurately operate POS system and count drawer at change of shift
- Participate in promotional activities as needed
- Demonstrate knowledge of Equal Exchange’s producer partners and trading model
To apply to be an Equal Exchange Espresso Barista, please complete our online application. Thank you!