Work for Fair Trade: Be an Equal Exchange Barista!
Equal Exchange Espresso is opening a second café in the Seattle area. Our objectives are to promote Equal Exchange’s mission to support small-scale farmers by providing high-quality food & beverages and creating an inclusive and welcoming space for customers and staff. If you love coffee, community and customer service, please consider joining our team!
We are currently hiring for:
- 2-3 shifts in our Shoreline cafe, to start immediately
- all shifts in our Ballard cafe, to start in late October
- Employment status: Part-time, hourly
- Compensation: $12/hour plus tips
- Reports to: Café Manager
- Hours: 10-30 hours/week, including weekends and holidays
- Locations: multiple Seattle-area cafés
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to communicate well with customers & co-workers
- Able to create an inclusive and welcoming space for customers and co-workers
- Able to effectively problem solve with customers and co-workers
- Previous retail food service experience
- Previous cash handling experience
- Previous espresso experience preferred
- Able to stand for 6-8 hours (with breaks)
- Able to lift 40 pounds overhead
- Passionate about Equal Exchange’s mission
- Reliability and punctuality a must!
- Make customers feel valued in a community environment
- Efficiently prepare consistently high-quality espresso and coffee drinks
- Prepare and serve a variety of food items
- Maintain equipment and facilities through hourly, daily, and weekly cleaning tasks
- Receive and unload orders
- Stock ingredients and supplies
- Accurately operate POS system and count drawer at change of shift
- Participate in promotional activities as needed
- Demonstrate knowledge of Equal Exchange’s producer partners and trading model
To apply to be an Equal Exchange Espresso Barista, please complete our online application. Thank you!
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.