CEANYC is hiring a Part Time Resource Coordinator to expand our organization’s fundraising and development! This person will work remotely (though must be based in NYC) and support CEANYC 10 hours a week with fundraising, communications, and other key development tasks. This position will be compensated $25-$50/hour depending on experience. There is ample room to grow in this position, and pending funding, hours and responsibilities may be expanded. The Resource Coordinator will be working with one other part-time staff person, our Program Manager, and will report directly to the Board, which includes 9 representatives elected by our membership.
The Resource Coordinator will:
- Participate in staff collective meetings, strategic planning, and Board meetings as requested
- Oversee all aspects of development and delegated tasks to Board and volunteers: major donor cultivation and giving circle program, foundation prospecting, grant writing and reporting, program officer calls and meetings, corporate sponsorship, government funding, and membership dues
- Oversee all aspects of fundraising communications including maintaining website, social media, newsletter, materials, and database
- Oversee budget and accounting with support from Board, volunteers, and fiscal sponsor
- Manage fiscal sponsor and donor advised fund relationships
Who We Are
CEANYC is a 100+ member organization that aims to strengthen and expand community-led, democratically-controlled initiatives—from worker, financial and consumer co-ops to community land trusts and gardens, mutual housing, and low-income housing co-ops. Our vision is an economy based on values of social and racial justice, ecological sustainability, cooperation, mutualism, and democracy.
We currently strengthen and expand our member businesses and networks through a microgrant program—the Solidarity Economy Giving Project—and three major programming areas: Leadership Development and Technical Assistance, Policy and Advocacy, and Research and Visibility.
The Resource Coordinator will be working with one other part-time staff person, our Program Manager, and will report directly to the Board of Directors, which includes 9 representatives elected by our membership. We recognize that not all candidates will have the full set of desired qualifications; if you have most of them, we encourage you to apply.
Who You Are
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Experience in grant writing, online fundraising, and major donor cultivation strategies
- Experience with CiviCRM, WordPress, Google Drive, Quickbooks
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong project management skills and keen attention to deadlines
- Ability to write with confidence and precision about cross-sectoral solidarity economy work and CEANYC’s contribution to broader economic justice and social change movements
- Experience maintaining grant and reporting calendars
- Training in anti-oppression analysis and practices
- Experience coordinating volunteers and working closely with Board members
- Worked in collective or cooperative settings; has experience using consensus decision-making
- Nonprofit administrative experience (budgeting, working with fiscal sponsors)
- Experience with event and nonprofit program sponsorship
- Ability to solve problems creatively and enjoys working independently
Desired qualifications include:
- Familiarity with cooperatives and the Solidarity Economy framework
- Familiarity with the cooperative landscape in New York City
- Communications experience related to online fundraising (knowledge of social media, graphic design, and online giving best practices)
- Knowledge of NYC philanthropy and experience with family philanthropy
- Experience staffing giving circles
- Familiarity with government funding to nonprofits
We recognize not all candidates will have the full set of desired qualifications; if you have most of them, we encourage you to apply! Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Resource Coordinator” by August 24, 2018.