JOB OPPORTUNITY | CERO Cooperative
Truck Drivers Wanted – Class C – CDL w/ Air Brake Endorsement
CERO Cooperative, Inc. is a worker-owned social venture, now in our fourth year providing commercial organic waste diversion services to grocery, restaurant and commercial kitchens in the Boston area. Our mission is to create good green jobs for Boston residents while improving environmental and economic justice in our communities.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in a career with one of Boston’s leading worker-owned cooperative businesses. During a paid training period you will work with
seasoned truck drivers on our compost collection routes.
For the qualified candidate, this job could be combined with a part-time warehouse manager position to create a full-time warehouse manager and route driver position. This position is designed with the expectation that the employee will make a long-term commitment to joining CERO Cooperative after 6 months.
Job Description: Employment Status: Part-time to start, with the potential increase to full-time
Hours: 20 hours per week to start, generally starting 6:30 am Monday – Friday. Hours will increase over time and will include some weekend hours.
Starting Hourly Wage: $15 per hour during training and probationary period. Qualifies for pay raises up to $20 per hour when joining the cooperative as a worker-owner. Experienced CDL and Class C (with air brake endorsement) drivers will be paid $20/hr.
● Reports to: Operations Manager & Management Team
● Location: Roxbury, Dorchester, and Boston metro region
● Occasional evening meetings may be required
● Must have a current valid driver’s license, excellent driving record and a minimum 2 years experience driving passenger or commercial vehicles. CDL license a plus.
● Professional manner and 3 years of work experience in any field demonstrating responsible work skills and habits.
● Professional skills – clean personal presentation, wear uniform and safety equipment provided by the employer, reliable attendance
● Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and be consistent in responding to telephone, text and email communications.
● Referrals from previous employers and/or community leaders required
● Able and willing to do physical labor that includes moving heavy containers, industrial cleaning and working with food waste in varied weather conditions
● Experience working with community-based organizations and/or interest in working in a cooperative business preferred
● Commitment to participating as part of a multicultural, multigenerational workplace to learn new skills and help build our cooperative business
● Bicultural Spanish speakers and Boston neighborhood residents encouraged to apply
Apply online at www.CERO.coop or email Lor@CERO.coop. Be sure to include your phone number