Website Breitenbush Hot Springs
A Place to Bring Life into Balance
The Kitchen Team at Breitenbush is currently seeking applicants for Summer Seasonal work as well as applicants, with very flexible schedules, for Fill-In work.
We are seeking individuals with professional kitchen experience; vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free knowledge is a PLUS. Strong interpersonal communication skills and a helpful service ethic are a must. The desire to live and work in an intentional community in beautiful wilderness conditions welcomed!
Overall job duties include: food preparation, cooking, cleaning, serving, dishwashing. Must have excellent knife skills (ability to slice and chop safely and efficiently) and the ability to lift and pull heavy objects. Experience working in both back and front-of-house restaurant environments is ideal. We are located in a remote area without public transportation, so access to a car will be important for Fill-In workers.
Breitenbush Hot Springs is an environmentally and socially mindful retreat and conference center located two hours from Portland and ten miles from Detroit, OR. Our kitchen is 100% vegetarian, utilizing mostly organic and locally sourced products whenever possible.
Summer Seasonal Positions: Employment from approximately June 1st until approximately October 1st.
Fill- in Positions: Please only apply if you have a flexible schedule and preferably are living within a two-hour radius of Breitenbush Hot Springs.
All positions may or may not lead to year-round employment.
• Free housing
• Free utilities (including long distance phone and internet)
• Guesting privileges and some discounted events
• Employer covered health care*
• Dental Care (100% premium covered by employer)*
• Very generous vacation package (Paid, Wellness, Birthday, and extended leaves)*
• Meals & Organic groceries at cost (including a free meal once a week and free leftovers
from our commercial kitchen)
• Discounted massages
• Household items (Dr. Bronner’s soap, toilet paper, laundry detergent, etc)
• Community living in the Cascade Mountains
• Hot springs, sauna, yoga and more
• Co-op member and ownership possibilities including dividends (profit sharing)*
* Full-Time Regular Hire