2019 Open Enrollment will be open from October 15 - December 5
The USFWC is dedicated to building health equity and mobilizing our membership to create better, more affordable options for health care.
We currently offer dental and vision benefits, and are piloting general health insurance coverage in certain states where it is feasible. In the future, we hope to offer additional health benefits, a USFWC-sponsored retirement plan, and reduced rates on business insurance.
Have questions about benefits? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Below are info sheets with current rates and admin fees.
- Health-related benefits overview: includes information about both vision and dental, as well as USFWC admin fees.
- 2019 - 2020 Dental Coverage: provided by Ameritas (previously United Concordia, we will be moving our service to United Concordia as of Jan 1, 2019).
- 2018 - 2019 Vision Coverage provided by EyeMed: Please note that vision rates are currently under negotiation. We expect that the rates will remain close to current rates and will have confirmed rates in mid-October.
- General Health Insurance: Email us at email@example.com for details.
- Download the Health-Related Benefits Open Enrollment checklist for your workplace.
How to enroll:
Between October 15 - December 5, 2019, any democratic workplace (and employees who may not have opted in last year) may fill out this form to get enrolled. This includes all classes of USFWC membership except for Associate.
Here's how it work:
- Fill out this form to let us know you're interested in enrolling
- We will send you an Enrollment Roster to list the workers to be enrolled, along with a contract for the services that your organization is enrolling in.
- Each employee will fill out a secure form with their personal information
- We will send a confirmation of enrollment and work with you to ensure everyone has enrolled by Dec 5.
After you're enrolled:
- You will be billed from the USFWC for dental and vision separately at the beginning of the month based on the amount of employees enrolled on the 1st of that month. e.g November 1st, you would be billed for November coverage.
Your vision and dental rates as well as the USFWC admin rates will be set through December 31st, 2019. We'll send an update on the 2020 rates in mid-October, and we expect nominal changes to the plan.
NEW MEMBER ENROLLMENT:
If you are a new member, you may send an inquiry to be added to the benefits plans at any time via this form.
Here's a video reviewing our dental and vision plans: