We bring people together. We create space and opportunity for our members to connect locally and by industry, to learn from each other and with each other, to strategize and organize together. We organize peer networks and member councils led by worker-owners, collaborate with local partners in cities and regions across the country, and , designed for worker-owners/members to connect with each other based on industry or business-stage. In partnership with the Democracy at Work Institute, we also create leadership opportunities for worker-owners/members to become peer advisors, mentors, and community organizers.
Learn more about these programs and get involved. Members are also encouraged to suggest new peer networks or member councils.
- Peer Networks *details coming soon*
- 20/20 Workplaces (workplaces that are 20+ years old and/or have 20+ workers)
- Conversion Leaders (selling owners and worker-owners with converted companies)
- Democratic Workplaces (multi-stakeholder coops, worker-managed non-profits, ESOPs)
- Member Councils *details coming soon*
- Advocacy & Public Policy
- Consejo español miembro
- Racial & Economic Justice
- Union Coops
- Worker Cooperative National Conference (July 29-31, 2016 | Austin, Tx)
Held alternating years, the National Worker Cooperative Conference is a co-production of the USFWC and Democracy at Work Institute. Join more than 400 worker-owners, coop developers, finance partners and allies for 3-days of learning, networking, and building the democratic ownership economy.
USFWC hosts our annual Member Meeting and our annual Board of Director elections during the conference.