Open enrollment for the USFWC's health-related benefits in 2018 will take place from November 1, 2017 - December 31, 2017.
Note: we will not be able to add enrollments to currently-employed workers after December 31st, 2017 until November 2018, so make sure to complete enrollment in time!
What can you enroll for?
After our pilot year of health-related benefits featuring the USFWC dental plan, we are excited to expand our offerings:
- Dental Plan, provided through United Concordia.
- Vision Plan, provided through Eye Med.
- and as an added bonus, those enrolled in either our dental or vision plans, you will also have access to discounts on movie tickets, pet insurance, accident insurance, travel, and more through our broker's Vivana portal.
Here's what to expect:
- Fill out the form below.
- If your organization is new to our dental and health benefits, the USFWC will send a contract for your organization to sign, and a form to fill out for each person who will be enrolled.
- If your organization is already enrolled in our dental and health benefits: the HR representative for your organization should fill out this form for each person who will be enrolled.
- Cards will be sent out: Your cards will be sent to the home address of the enrolled employee
Note: The cards for each dependent and partner will be sent to the home address of the enrolled employee, and will show the name of the enrolled employee on the card, NOT the name of the dependent and/or partner.
- Billing: You will be billed in the first week of January for all employees enrolled by December 31, 2017, including the fees for each person enrolled and an admin fee according to the fee structure below.
After December 31, 2017, you will only be able to enroll new employees and their dependents.
We have put together a list of frequently asked questions here. Please refer to this list first!
If you still have questions, email us at email@example.com. This email contacts both USFWC staff and our health-related benefits broker.